Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gable Box

While on the hunt recently for a project to make showcasing the Simply Scored Tool, I stumbled across this adorable little box over at Splitcoast Stampers

"I'm game", I thought ... one sheet, not too much in the way of measuring - sounds like my kind of project.

And it was exactly the kind of project I like - sooo easy.  Of course, I had to comprise a little with the base, as I was using A4 cardstock which is only about 8-1/4" wide, but it really made no difference in the long run.  I trimmed it down to 11" long and away I went.





My only comment is that I switched steps 10 and 11, and folded the sides in before sticking down the side tab.  It just seemed to make more sense that way.  You could also trim those side flaps off, but then I don't think the edge would look as good.

The box is stamped in Crumb Cake with stamps from the Everything Eleanor set, which I suspect is going to become my new "go to" favourite set :-)  The giant swirly shape is gorgeous!

The greeting is a combination of three separate stamps from Fabulous Phrases, which I see as the stamp equivalent to fridge magnet poetry - 30 stamps with all sorts of cute and useful words, ready to mix and match to suit your occasion.

Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Fabulous Phrases
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
Other:Extra Large Oval Punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Simply Scored Tool, Corner Rounder Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails