Monday, June 27, 2011

Soft Vintage

Last Saturday was another fun afternoon hanging out at SERS. I usually grab a handful of stuff with no real plans and as a result, rarely come away with a completed project (although I am working on changing this). This time, however, I had an Idea.

Here we have the result of that Idea. To be honest, I didn't finish on Saturday afternoon, because I forgot to bring any punches, but I did come home and finish it that evening.

And for a wonder, it came out pretty much as I had envisaged it beforehand. This is almost unheard of. Usually a project starts off as one thing, then takes several unexpected turns before turning out to be something completely different.

I have used a resist technique here using Versamark ink. First I stamped the En Francais background stamp in Baja Breeze onto glossy cardstock. Then after it had dried, I inked up the Medallion stamp with a Versamark pad and stamped over the top. Once this had set for a little I sponged Baja Breeze and Blushing Bride randomly over the top - voila! The clear Versamark ink "resists" the dye ink and the Medallion image shows through. You can use a tissue to gently polish the gloss cardstock and remove any excess dye ink from the top of the Versamarked image.

I created a "faux lace" effect by running a strip of Whisper White cardstock edged with my Eyelet Border punch through the Crimper tool. The edges of the "lace" have been sponged ever so lightly with Blushing Bride ink.

And as a finishing touch, the flowers from Vintage Vogue are layered on some punched shapes. I took to the Scallop Circle with my Cropadile to create the big holes around the edge. And lastly, a little pearl in the centre.

Supplies used:
Stamp(s): En Francais, Medallion, Vintage Vogue
Ink: Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Versamark
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Glossy White
Other: Eyelet Border Punch, Crimper, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Basic Pearls

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails