Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mmm, roses...

Long time no see! Still too busy to sit down and stamp, although I do need to make some gift card holders for my brother's kids by Christmas day - ah, there's plenty of time, there's still two days to go *g*.

In the meantime, here's a card I made last month and completely forgot to post. My dear friend Pauline was turning *ahem*, so of course I had to use one of her favourite stamp sets to celebrate.

I have also used the Manhattan Flower embossing folder, as it coordinates perfectly with the big rose from Fifth Avenue Floral.

To emphasise the embossed background just a little, I sponged it lightly with some Crumb Cake ink, and also sponged around the edges of the punched-out greeting.

If you look closely, you can see the subtle glitter of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint spritzed lightly across the central rose.

And as a final touch, I added a self adhesive rhinestone to dot the "I". The rhinestones, along with sticky-backed pearls, are new to the catalogue this year (page 140) - for only $9.50, you get 150 rhinestones or pearls in three sizes (2mm, 3mm and 5mm).

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: Fifth Avenue Floral, Upsy Daisy
Ink: Early Espresso, Versamark, Crumb Cake
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Other: Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder, Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder, Basic Rhinestones, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails