Saturday, February 13, 2010

I {Heart} Hearts

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about a fundraising move by Stampin' Up! to aid the victims of the earthquake in Haiti ... for every purchase of the set "I {Heart} Hearts" worldwide (in Australia, available in the Summer Mini Catalogue) until February 28, Stampin' Up will donate $2 to the American Red Cross' Haiti Relief and Development Fund.

Recently, Stampin' Up! posted an update on their demonstrator website, to annouce that as at February 5, they had sold 7,524 sets!

If you were thinking of buying this set, now is the best time - you get your stamps, and the relief fund gets more money. Email me to place your order before the end of February!

I took delivery of my set this week, and finally had a chance to sit down with it last night. Here's one of my first cards ... I love that baroque swirly heart! The heart is stamped in Rose Red on Whisper White cardstock, then trimmed closely and mounted on Pretty in Pink cardstock and trimmed again, and attached to the base using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I also used the trio of hearts stamp (which has a matching punch, by the way *g*) plus the littlest heart from the same set, stamped diagonally across the front of the Basic Gray base card in Going Gray ink. I could have used ink to match the cardstock, but wanted something really subtle.

Images © 1990-2010 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
Stamp/s: I {Heart} Hearts, Big Deal Alphabet
Ink: Rose Red, Going Gray
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red,
Whisper White
Other: Eyelet Border Punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

2 comments:

Lynn said...

What lovely Valentine's cards, Chris...I love the idea of reverse masking, it has already given me some great ideas for future projects.
Lynn :))

文章 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails